We at Horwitz & Horwitz, LLC sincerely hope that everyone reading this message is taking whatever measures are necessary to keep themselves and their families safe and healthy during this uncertain time.
As a provider of legal services, HORWITZ & HORWITZ, LLC is deemed an “Essential Business and Operation” and exempt from the Ohio Director of Health’s Stay at Home Order requiring all non-essential businesses to cease all non-basic operations. In essence, this Order recognizes that there are certain legal matters impacting the public that cannot be ignored until a date uncertain. As a law firm that focuses on Bankruptcy and Criminal/Juvenile Law, we understand that the financial stress people are dealing with as a result of job loss or reduction in income or the stress of facing a criminal charge may be just as difficult as dealing with the health crises caused by COVID-19.
Based upon the present situation, HORWITZ & HORWITZ, LLC will remain OPEN for business, subject to the following:
- HORWITZ & HORWITZ, LLC greatly values your health and safety, as well as that of our own. Although the Order permits us to meet with Clients in person at our office, we vow to take whatever steps are necessary to minimize the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- We have ALWAYS utilized technology so that we can best serve our Clients effectively and efficiently. Email, scanners, fax machines, video conferencing programs, and remote access systems have been utilized by HORWITZ & HORWITZ, LLC for years. Whether we meet with our Clients in person or by telephone/video, we can be just as effective in providing our services.
- We LOVE meeting with our Clients in person. Nothing creates a strong attorney-client relationship like a face-to-face meeting. Unfortunately, based upon risks associated with the COVID-19 crisis, IN-PERSON MEETINGS MUST BE LIMITED TO THOSE SITUATIONS IN WHICH THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
- We are accessible by telephone at ALL times. Attorney Jonathan Horwitz can be reached at (937) 750-8808 (criminal/juvenile cases). Attorney Barbara Horwitz can be reached at (937) 750-8810 (bankruptcy cases). We check voicemail messages continuously and promise to return all calls PROMPTLY.
- We prefer that requested documents be scanned and emailed to us at [email protected] (bankruptcy cases) or [email protected] (criminal/juvenile cases). Alternatively, documents may be faxed to us at (937) 952-5772. If faxing, please email us at one of the above addresses once your fax has been successfully sent. If neither emailing or faxing is an option, then we will continue to receive hard-copies of documents by mailing them to: HORWITZ & HORWITZ, LLC, 201 W. Franklin Street, Suite C, Centerville, Ohio 45459. PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF DOCUMENTS AT OUR OFFICE WITHOUT FIRST NOTIFYING US, AS WE MAY BE WORKING REMOTELY.
Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time. WE CARE ABOUT YOU and strive to continue to provide excellent legal services. Please contact us if you have any questions or if we can be of assistance.
Jonathan & Barbara