You could never have expected that you would be facing bankruptcy because of overwhelming debt. But when you suddenly develop an illness or become injured in an accident, the medical bills can pile up quickly. As a result, you are struggling to get by and aren’t sure how you’ll get back on your feet. A Centerville medical debt lawyer can help.
At Horwitz & Horwitz, LLC, we can find you find your path to a fresh start. Centerville medical debt lawyer Barbara Horwitz has years of experience helping people like you successfully complete the bankruptcy process. We’ll personally work with you every step of the way, answering your questions and making sure that you understand all of your options.
Can You Still Get Medical Treatment If You’re in Debt?
One of the biggest concerns of people with medical debt is whether or not they will be able to see a doctor, and the answer is different for different situations:
- Hospitals and doctors in large offices will continue to treat you even if you are in debt.
- Labs and other medical facilities will also continue to treat you even if you owe money.
- With doctors in smaller, solo offices, the answer can vary depending on a variety of circumstances, which we will discuss with you.
We can work with your medical providers to help you get the fresh start you need. Even if you are carrying medical debt, most hospitals, larger doctors’ offices, and labs will continue to work with you.
- We can help you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy to eliminate most debt, including medical bills. We can negotiate between you and your doctor, to find some sort of payment plan that works for both of you (“reaffirm” the debt), so the doctor will keep seeing you.
- We can help you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy to set up a payment plan that works for you.
- We can help you repair your credit after bankruptcy so that your doctor will continue treating you.
A Centerville Medical Debt Lawyer Near You Can Help
Contact us today for a free consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.