Chapter 7 Bankruptcy

If you’ve been overwhelmed by debt, wondering how you’re going to pay your bills every month, and worrying about someone taking your car or home away, debt relief could be just what you’ve been looking for.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy may be able to give you a fresh start.

At Horwitz & Horwitz, LLC, we understand that this is a difficult, frightening time for you. We’re here to help you understand your options and get through the bankruptcy process with as little anxiety as possible.

We’re dedicated to developing a relationship with our clients. We answer your calls, prepare your case, and attend your court hearings–not a paralegal or secretary. When you work with us, you’ll be working with an experienced Centerville, OH bankruptcy lawyer who will answer all of your questions and give you straightforward advice.

What you need to know about Chapter 7 bankruptcy:

  • Chapter 7 bankruptcy generally wipes out many forms of debt, including credit card debts.
  • A Chapter 7 bankruptcy case is usually concluded within six months of the initial filing.
  • Ohio state law has certain “exemptions” that can protect your possessions from creditors, including bankruptcy court. Depending on the amount of assets you have, you might want to file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
  • Some debts–called “exclusions”–cannot be erased, including child support, domestic support orders, certain taxes, and some school loans.
  • You can voluntarily choose to retain some forms of debt, if you choose, by “reaffirming” the debt. This is generally the approach taken to keep you in your home. Reaffirming on a debt also helps to re-establish your good credit rating.
  • You can redeem certain items that you want to keep after the bankruptcy at fair market value, through a process called “redemption.”

Call us today for a free consultation with a knowledgeable, understanding bankruptcy attorney. You don’t have to deal with financial troubles alone. We’ll help you get back on your feet.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.